Sector Leader Education and Healthcare
Eke has many years of experience in the field of social real estate and her specialism is education. From a user’s perspective, she analyses ambitions for the future, on the basis of which she draws up a vision for the building that is translated into a spatial and functional PoR. Within Arcadis she, as sector leader, is ultimately responsible for the education projects in the Netherlands.
Eke is hands on and customer-oriented. Within projects, she always searches for added value from a client perspective but with a realistic position in mind.
One of the important issues in the Netherlands at the moment is blended learning and the impact of COVID-19. Universities and Schools are in lock down. Business cases turn out to be non- resilient. Students are missing out valuable ‘student-life’. This impacts the short and long-time strategy for real estate. Working with Universities and sharing lessons learned from other projects is part of the development and awareness for all parties involved.
Eke has worked at Arcadis since September 2016. Before that, she was with Grontmij / Sweco where she developed and applied various working methods to establish ambitions with users in the field of collaboration, strategy, sustainability and spatial and functional plans for a building.
- COVID measures for Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Research Study Carrels/Area’s Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Risk Assessment Web Application for COVID
- Development Sustainable Decision Flowchart Schools
- Cost-Optimalisation sustainability measures Schools
- Sustainable Schools Area Utrecht/Amersfoort
- Member of working group renovation sustainable Schools Netherlands
- Resilient Estates – UK & Europe
Week 1: 25-29 January 11:00