University building procurement: the value of advisers
Time: 16:00 - 17:00
Date: Week 1: 25-29 January
David M Adamson, former Director of Estates at the Universities of Bristol and Cambridge and co-founder of the Association of University Directors of Estates (AUDE) will be in conversation with Richard Saxon CBE, RIBA Client Adviser and a ‘lay member’ of the University Buildings Committee for 12 years.
Their conversation will cover:
- How Cambridge University developed its approach to the design and procurement of buildings.
- Assessing and ensuring user satisfaction through good design and effective project management.
- Improving long-term value through feedback from Post Occupancy Evaluation and from the Soft Landings approach devised for Cambridge.
- Introducing BIM to the University client.
In all these aspects, outside advisers played a vital role.
- Sarah Williams Principal - S Williams Architects RIBA Client Adviser